Ebay - Customer NON Support!

Turnaround Time

I contacted ebay prior to purchasing a car through ebay. I was told I would be 100% covered if the purchased car was not as described & w/ a title.

Ebay is not backing their promise. On December 3, 2017, I contacted ebay to ask about their buyer protection plan. I recorded our conversation to prove that I was told it would be covered. Please visit this link to hear the recorded audio for yourself https://youtu.be/FTQj2sypRSU I then contacted the buyer and asked that he place the car back on ebay and I would even pay for the buyer fees so that we had coverage should he turn out to be a bad seller.

He agreed and I purchased the car for a $500 down payment that evening and a final 15,550 the following day on December 4th. The ebay item # was 322920549522. In addition to these amounts which equal $16,050, we were asked for another $350 to ship the car to my daughter's home in PA a few hours from the seller. The $350 was paid through Paypal on December 7th.

When that plan didn't work out, we were asked for another$1,000 to have it delivered to our home in CO and that money was sent on December 8th. We paid a total of $1,350 for shipping. So at this time, we have sent the seller $17,400. The following is the seller's ad on ebay.

"We specialize in buying and selling project cars from the 60s and 70s.What we have up for your consideration today is a very rare and highly optioned 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner. this car came from the factory with a big block for Speed eight and three quarter rear Sure Grip n96 Factory air grabber. front disc brakes power brakes power steering Factory tach. this is a bucket seat and console car still has Factory 4 speed console shifter in it and Factory for Speed.

this is a project car although it does run and drive go through all four gears and reverse .and stops I've actually taken it for a ride the motor is a 440 that has been freshly tuned .with new electronic distributor and cap new plug wires spark plugs oil and filter valve covers breather air cleaner radiator cap radiator fluid overflow bottle battery terminals. new air Grabber system for headlights high beam and low beam new carpeting chain steering wheel Hurst pistol grip shifter handle FM Bluetooth receiver floor mats .top of Dash is very nice shape. the interior looks very nice as well with new armrest I have new door inner door handles ordered should be on before end of auction car has headers and good exhaust system car also has brand new wheels and tires whole way around new lug nuts Mickey Thompson's on back Wranglers on front.” If you look at the original description in the ad, you will clearly see that the seller deceived us regarding this vehicle. The vehicle we received doesn't look like that vehicle nor does the condition come close to what was listed on ebay.

We were told that the only undercoating on the vehicle was original and it has been undercoated numerous times to cover the massive amounts of rust that we were told did not exist. The hinges on the doors are so rusted that the doors will not open or close and the dashboard screws are rusted through and the dashboard falls off. The body of the car is nothing but bondo and newspaper is filling the caverns holding the bondo in place. The frame is cracked where the K member supports the entire drivetrain and front suspension.

The frame rails are rusted from the inside out. Not one piece of metal on this car is free of rust or even salvageable. In addition to the large amounts of rust, absolutely none of the electrical works. This includes the headlights, wipers, tail lights, turn signals, and dash instruments.

In fact, all the wiring for the entire car has been thrown in the trunk of the car. There is also a bench seat instead of the bucket seats and console listed in his ad. Just to unload the vehicle off of the semi, the engine had to be sprayed with starting fluid. Once it started, smoke filled the air and the car quickly stalled.

It wouldn't start to pull it in the garage and upon inspection it is a rust bucket! It is not road worthy or licenseable anywhere! On top of all of this, the seller did not send us a title!!! EBay let us know that if the seller sends us the title we will be stuck with this piece of junk!

Maybe the seller works for eBay so he knows how to screw people over in the eBay motors department! What a scam!

Product or Service Mentioned: 1969 Plymouth Road Runner Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Buying a car, sight unseen, is not a good idea, regardless of the seller or website. You got what you deserved.